Wednesday, February 20, 2008

wiggle your big toe

This morning I was walking my dog, thinking about sneakers. I'm kind of in need of a new pair. Lately I've been wearing my vintage blue Nike's to DEATH, since I haven't another "dress" pair to speak of.

It seems like all sneakers that I come across in my day-to-day shopping life are hopelessly large and chunky, or neutral and blah, or decidedly fugly. I've been wanting a brightly colored pair with a slim profile, which seems to be a tall order for some reason. Then I thought, What about the Uma style from Kill Bill? I know it's cliche, but I still like them. And apparently the craze has not died down yet, because they were sold out in all shapes and sizes at the website I went to. Even the ones that sort of looked like these, but in a sand/grey colorway were sold out. This pair will be in my dreams for a while.

I don't know what it is with me and wrestling shoes/hightops. Maybe it's an eighties thing.

No comments: