Sunday, January 8, 2012

a very Merry Christmess



What a whirlwind holiday season! The Thanksgiving-Christmas time has always been intense, but especially so in the past eight years since I've been out of school. For the last four years I've made a decided effort to handcraft more presents for people, which doesn't make it any easier, but definitely more satisfying! My day job (retail) requires more hours and is insane around Christmas, and then I spend all of my free moments and money on gifts. So I took a break from blogging, needless to say. Now that it's after December 25th, I can show you what I was working on!


A painting for my mom


Hats for my sister (I also made a grey fox-eared one [checking the fit here!])


An advent calendar for my bf (this is an ornament I made for one of the days)

I made a zipper bracelet for my other sister from this tutorial, handmade earrings for my grandma, made a legit foam hand puppet for a friend, and a dreamcatcher for my bff's birthday/Christmas present. Although I always think really hard about what to get people, I tried to give fewer, more thoughtful gifts to everyone this year. And I tried not to use any credit cards, mostly succeeding! It was a wholly satisfying experience. The weather has been uncharacteristically warm for the season here in Virginia, which made it kind of hard to get into the spirit at first. It made me wonder what it's like to have Christmas in Australia, haha.

Some friends bought MischaLee for their own gift-giving, which I greatly appreciated. I received some really thoughtful presents from everybody, and got to squeeze some time in with my family. Santa brought me an especially amazing and totally unexpected iPad2, which is changing my life right now. This is my first real Apple item besides an iPod, and I could really get used to the non-PC experience, eek! I'm planning on using it as much as possible for business growing, but more on that later.

I know it's late, but I hope everyone else had a great holiday too!

No comments: