Monday, March 23, 2009

muir maiden

I just took a walk today, and a few words come to mind:

Stiff, cumbersome, heavy, unwieldy.

Yes, it has been a while since I've actually exercised. I can't wait until the weather is consistently warm again. I often have a sore shoulder, from carrying stress. I went for months without one, and I finally figured out it was the walking i did around Boat Lake all summer and fall (Yeah, it really is called that. Not impressed??). Bear with me while I get earnest.

I usually walk to the lake as the sun is going down, and everything looks so crisp. There were seagulls flying overhead today, and all the trees were blooming with white flowers. The geese were swimming, there was a breeze, and I just strolled around and listened to Bat For Lashes. I'm telling you, it's the most zen moment of my day, when I can really be in the present.

Anyway, me talking about it is not the same as being there. I'm gonna try to at least take a picture tomorrow to post. I used to think my friend was funny for sitting next to this lake whenever she would come back to visit Richmond. But there is something to it! I get it, Renee.

No comments: