Friday, May 9, 2008

fighting the elements


I just have to say, my computer and technology skills are sadly deficient. Today I tried to take new pictures of my jewelry for the shop, but it did not go well at all. The above example was the best I got. Granted, I was using natural light on a intermittently rainy day, and it is quite windy outside. But it was just not working. I thought about making a new banner instead, since the photography session was not flowing, but I'm kind of crap with Photoshop. These are the times I feel like I have five arms, and to me that's the upper body equivalent of having two left feet.

On the brighter side, I managed to have some good sewing experiences recently, and I feel like I'm back on track there. The aforementioned skirt issue was resolved, and I'm excited to start some wholly original projects soon.

Highlights of the week:

Getting these, which I used Tuesday for my FENCING CLASS. My goal is to have as many obscure and unrelated hobbies as possible.

Seeing a parade of tow trucks today picking up cars on my block for street sweeping. In my mind I imagine that the tow truck drivers look forward to it. I don't know why I get enjoyment out of this anyway, it's kind of sadistic.

Noticing that the object my dog picked up in the park Thursday was a dead mouse. I screamed in disgust loudly enough that he dropped it right away, which is better than digging through his clenched teeth to fish it out.

Getting rid of piles of stuff. The closer I get to moving, the more I want to throw everything away.

No comments: